Saturday, February 27, 2016

11/2/15

Hello everybody!

I hope everyone has had a great week and I`d like to give a shout out to all of you but I don`t have much time... sorry. haha

So as many of you know that I am not like the hairless mole rat from Kim possible. I`m more like the ape from King Kong... I got hair. Anyways for the past year I’ve heard Bolivians comment on my hair and stuff like that. Last week I had had enough. I sat down and decided it was all coming off. So I shaved it off. But then they just started making fun of me even more saying that when it comes back in it`s gonna be even uglier! Ugh! can`t win. So now I`m using all my spare time with tweezers taking these hairs out from the root so they don`t grow back so ugly... not fun hahhah! Oh dear. So the lesson here is that I should get laser hair removal when I get home obviously. can you spot me a few hundred dollars, mommy?

This week we taught a less active member family to make no bake cookies. It was super funny cause we told them that we needed sugar and stuff, but when we brought the peanut butter and stuff like that, they had no idea what it was so it was fun teaching them about cocoa powder and peanut butter, haha. so i gifted them all the cocoa and peanut butter that we had and also our measuring spoons haha. Anyways, while the cookies hardened we watched the restoration with their cousin who`s an investigator (his name is jesus junior... okay...) and talked about the restoration. Really cool lesson. They`re cousin understood really well and it seems like there`s a lot of potential there.

So we met a guy who lived in the states a couple weeks ago named Gary. He`s pretty rich and loves talking to us... just as long as it has to do with the US and not with religion. He asked us the other day if we`ve ever been clubbing and when we said no he flipped out. HOW CAN YOU NEVER HAVE GONE CLUBBING! he said. It was interesting seeing that point of view. A scripture came to my mind. Alma 41:10. Wickedness never was happiness. After that talk with him me and my comp were talking a lot about how going to clubs, doing drugs, or whatever really never will bring happiness. Following the gospel brings happiness.

Sorry, out of time! Love you!

Elder Buma







No comments:

Post a Comment