Saturday, February 27, 2016

12/14/15

Buen Dia!

Alright this week I wanted to start by talking about the importance of associating ourselves with good people, and good influences.

This week has been pretty hard for some great people I know. Richard Guevara is an amazing guy. He`s reactivated and helps a lot with the work here in Pampa la Madre. Sadly his wife, who has abandoned him and her children three times before, left again but this time took his kids too. He has been crushed. He continues to work, help us, and talk with lawyers like crazy to get his kids back but he is super sad. We`ve been spending a lot of time with him this week to help him. I`m sure he`d appreciate your prayers too.

Marta Vargas is also a great lady. She`s a suuuuuuper humble investigator and suuuuper poor. She also has a husband that is definitely not completing his duties outlined in "the family-a proclamation to the world."

Throughout my time here in Bolivia I`ve met a lot of really humble people and people who have had a lot of struggles in their lives. And every time I hear of some struggle I am reminded just how important the gospel is. The Gospel changes lives. I know that. It is my prayer that I may always hold on to the iron rod and associate myself with others that will help me grab on instead of people who would pull me off of it.

On Friday i got a phone call from the zone leaders in Viru Viru and they told me that Fernanda wanted me to baptize her so they got permission from President Zambrano and I got to go to Warnes on Saturday to do the baptism! it was awesome being able to go back there and perform the baptism. man I loved that area!

Some funny things this week would be things like getting yelled at in quechua (this is an older indigenous language) and having people tell me I`m from the CIA trying to take over Bolivia. I was also reading in the bible and read in Lucas 10:8. (I looked it up: Whenever you enter a town and they receive you, eat what is set before you). I`m going to try to apply that more when people give me cow stomach. haha!

I hope you all had a great week! Have a very merry Christmas and make it a Merry Christmas for others too!

Elder Buma



No comments:

Post a Comment