Saturday, February 27, 2016

2/1/16

Good day to all!

I hope your week was superb! (My comp learned “superb” this week and shouts it every once in a while now.)

Anyways, this week was pretty cool. Lots of service and lots of being awesome.

On Saturday we had Ines`s and Andres`s baptism in the morning. It went great! After baptizing Andres, he decided to swim out instead of walk out of the font, which made everyone laugh.

Right after the baptism we ran, got changed, and went to Martha`s to do service. Long story short, she takes care of a few little buildings for the city of Montero and she had to clean them all in between Saturday and toda, so her ox was in the mire. We helped her on Saturday hoping to do enough so that she could come to church yesterday, but she still couldn`t make it. It was a pretty fun service though--just dumping a ton of water everywhere to get the gunk out of rooms. The only bad part about the service was that with the little money Martha has, she bought food and made us lunch... cow stomach and cow intestine with ucca... I did my best and I`m not admitting anything, but the pockets of my rain jacket smell like cow stomach and cow intestine... hahahaha.

Last week I downloaded a lot of conference talks from like 1996. It`s awesome to listen to them while I get ready in the morning. Two that really stuck in my mind this morning are from President Monson. He recited a poem that was about a man who would get up in the morning and pray that God would bless the poor and needy but then during the day he wouldn`t stop to help those he saw. Then at night, he would once again ask God to bless the poor and needy. At the end of the poem it says, ¨if only I could live in the same way as I pray¨

It is my prayer that we may always remember that we have the opportunity and responsibility to comfort those who stand in need of comfort.

this week is carnival so I`m going to be locked in my house on Monday. I will be writing this Saturday (in five days) in the morning.

I love you all and I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Elder Buma



No comments:

Post a Comment