Saturday, February 27, 2016

1/25/16

Hey everyone!

This week was awesome! We had a great worldwide training transmission from Salt Lake for all the missionaries! Elder Anderson, Elder Bednar, Sister Oscarson, Elder Clayton, Elder Oaks, and Bishop Waddel spoke (I met Bishop Waddel here! I shook his hand!). Anyways, it was awesome to hear from them and to learn more. I really liked it cause it simplified everything. They repeated ¨we teach repentance and baptize converts” like 20 times. I also really liked it when Elder Aderson said that if we don´t know what to say, testify of the Savior.

Lately we´ve really been trying to find more people to teach so whenever we see people in the street, we stop to give them a card. In fact, it´s actually super fun to contact that way. I love it when we contact adventists in particular cause they´re always one of two extremes—one, they won´t even look at us in the eyes or talk to us, or two, they´ll invite you in, give you food and then take out their bible and try to bible bash. We don´t bible bash though.

So this week I´ve come to hate cockroaches more. One ran up my leg and into my pant and another one was just chillin on my toothbrush one night…come on! I put that in my mouth you sicko!

It´s hot! We haven´t been able to sleep the past week cause it´s so hot in our house. We took the mattresses up to the roof so that we can sleep outside and have no one see us. On the bright side, we finally have hot water in the shower cause the sun heats up the water for us, hahaha!

I ran a marathon this week. Well not really, but this week we went to play basketball at six in the morning and low and behold, the stake was just about to have a race. I knew that there was going to be an activity but not so early! Anyway,s they let us play basketball for a sec and then they told us that we had to participate. So we put on some numbers and went running! I got third place, right behind Elder Mell and another member... it´s been a while since I´ve run hard...I almost died.

Andres and Ines (two children from a less active family) are getting baptized this week! Their mom´s pretty much reactivated but their dad is....not so much... it´s ok though.

Martha and her kids are doing great and through them we´ve come to know some other great investigators like Eliseo. We also met Sonia this week and they both came to church yesterday! They´ve got the date for the 13th of February! Hopefully it works out!

Love you all! Hasta luego puej!

Elder Buma

No comments:

Post a Comment