Saturday, February 27, 2016

1/4/16

Whoops. Sorry about last week everyone. I got a little carried away watching Mormon Messages... haha

Anyways the last two weeks have been super awesome! I got to talk to my family on Christmas, got chunkier, and all that jazz. I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas and a Happy New Year!

The last couple weeks have literally flown by so it`s hard to remember exactly what to write...

Last week I spoke in sacrament about how Mormons celebrate Christmas. Well true to the faith doesn`t really give a specific outline for what we do so I talked about how Mormons can certainly partay hard, but Mormon style. If you want to see a good example of someone parties hard Mormon style, I invite you to watch my mother Carolyn. That`ll give you a great idea. I also talked about how we would always do the nativity scene on Christmas Eve in my own family and they all laughed when I said that me and my cousin would always be Mary and Joseph and that I didn`t like it haha! love ya Alli!

With the new years a lot of people in the branch talked about their goals for this year in testimony meeting. I really liked one sister who not only said her goals but also talked about how she had set a plan to meet those goals. As missionaries we set goals but we also make plans to meet those goals. If there`s no plan, there`s a very small chance that we complete the goal.

The work is going really well here in Pampa. We have several people with dates like Marta Vargas and her son Ismael, Dolores and her two sons, Rosemeri and Arnez. They`re all great people but it seems like the adversary is making whatever problems possible happen to keep them from actually getting to the baptismal font. They all want to be baptized but problems keep coming up. Please pray for them.

Loving the work, working hard, love you all!

Elder Buma





No comments:

Post a Comment