Tuesday, June 30, 2015

6/29/15

Hi! So this week was pretty chill.

I want to start off by apologizing to my sweet mother who always said that i should practice the piano so i could play on the mission. I didn`t pay much attention and now I understand. Without the piano the hymns are pretty rough. BUT I`ve been dedicating myself to practicing whenever i have a chance and i was starting to feel pretty good about it and so i played the piano this week in church.... IT WAS TERRIBLE! HOLY COW! EMBARRASSING! I was all ready to go and then when i went to hit the first note, they were the completely wrong notes! oh man then i tried to catch up and it just got worse... NEVER AGAIN. it was pretty funny though. Better to laugh than cry right haha.

So another drunk guy story. So we have this investigator named Wilder Vaca. He`s even gone with us to visit people and is super stoked for his the 11th to be baptized! So anyways we were talking with him and this drunk guy came up to us and sat down and just started yelling and singing to us. Yes I do have a video. And he just started talking about how I have to marry his daughter and that he has a lot of money and that he`ll take care of us. super awkward cause it was in the middle of a lesson and now wilder calls me hermano yerno which means brother son-in-law... I always get nicknames! I`m Elder Buma!

Anyways so a little more about warnes. It`s super cool. Most of our area is paved except for this one part that`s WAY out there and we have to get there in moto. It`s pretty nice overall though. The branch is pretty sweet. our branch missionary leader is honestly amazing! he`s a returned missionary and has made the branch council into an actual council making assignments instead of just a couple of members just talking. My companion is pretty cool. He`s still new and doesn`t know how to do the area book and stuff but neither did i when i was new. Just want to say thanks once again to Elder Beltran. Man that guy`s cool.

So we`re doing efy this week and me and about 15 other elders and sisters are going to sing a song. Elder Parmenter`s gonna dress up like moroni and talk about him and then me and elder fancis get mikes and we get to kind of start the thing off kind of as hosts. We`re gonna talk about the book of mormon and then ask the kids and a couple of the elders to give their testimony on the book of mormon. It`s gonna be pretty fun. Haha hopefully i don`t say anything embarrassing! alright that`s it for this week! Love you all!

Elder Buma





No comments:

Post a Comment