Tuesday, June 30, 2015

4/20/15

Hello everybody.

well as usual i dont have a lot of time but that´s ok!

So this week was super cool! I got to do an intercambio with elder hernandez in my district this week and he´s just about my favorite elder in the whole world. Super nice, super loving, super humble, he jsut wants to help people all the time. They have a lot more jungle and hills in their area so you know i was snappin pictures all that day. I know we shouldn´t look like tourists on the mission and shouldn´t take a ton of pictures but oh well. Totally worth it! I´ll try to send pics sometime but we both know that probably ain´t gonna happen so why lie?

Anyways this week we got to go to santa cruz! I love BOA airlines. They give you all the snacks you want and all the soda you want. I had like five mini sandwiches on the way to la paz and five more on the way to santa cruz! I´m starting to realize why i´ve gained weight on the mission... I eat... A lot. And HOLY COW there´s an elder in cobija, ELder Romero, from Nicaragua who is HUGE. I thought he came on the mission like that but he showed me a picture before the mission and my mind was blown! So i made the goal not to eat so much. But we both know that ain´t gonna happen so why lie? hehe

so anwyas we got to santa cruz and it was so coool! Elder waddell is poderoso! he speaks spanish so well and you can just feel his spirit when he walks into the room. he talked a lot about our purpose as missionaries and how we can use the tons of less actives to find new investigators and baptize more. He pumped us up!

While we were there we stayed in a sweet hotel where all the newbies go when they get here. It´s calle the hotel Torre. It´s just amazing. I stayed with Elder Groberg in a room and we ate everything in that little refridgerator. I think the finance secretary´s gonna be a little upset with me hahahaha! take that elder Solano! (he´s the finance secretary) anyways so that hotel´s awesome The south mission also uses that hotel so Rachel, that´s the hotel you´ll stay at your first few days in the mish.

Also while we were in santa cruz i got to work a day in my last area charcas for like two hours. We visited a recent convert and her family that´s just awesome! the familia pinto. The mom there cooks super well and gave me a loaf of platano bread. Basiclly banana bread and it is delicious. Me and elder groberg ate the whole thing. Just delicious. Golly jee it was fun being back there!

So anyways we got back to cobija just pumped to work right? We started going and we had a ton a lessons the day we got back and they were all new people with promise. It was super fun but i got sooooo tired. In the last lesson I fell asleep! My comp gave the prayer to start the lesson... and i fell asleep... hahaha! the investigator had to poke me to wake me up... whoops. But it was such a cool day! It was incredible. Really by working harder I swear the work is so much easier if that makes any sense. so we have a lot of new people that we´re teaching so i´m super excited for the next couple of weeks.

anyways i´m out of time. Sorry i can´t really go into detail on much stuff but oh well. Love you all so much!

Elder Buma

No comments:

Post a Comment