Monday, July 6, 2015

7/6/15

Hola!

Hi everyone i hope your fourth of July was just amazing!

Alright so let´s get started.

so last monday I had to go to the office to get a reimbursment and I made a joke with elder Cochran (secretary) that my birthday had already passed and that i still hadn´t gotten anything in the mail so he needed to get better at his job. and lo and behold this week i got your birthday cards haha. THANK YOU!

So we got to do EFY this week. Super fun hahahaha man i wish you guys had been there. So they did EFY in this super huge nice resort called the hotel rio selva. It´s in the middle of NOWHERE it just appeared haha. But what was so funny getting there was that a member took me and a few of the other missionaries there and it was raining soooo hard and the road wasn´t paved so it was just mud. We were sliding all over the place for like thirty minutes trying to get there. It was pretty fun.

So after we got there we got to eat a super nice lunch with the kids and then we went into this big salon to do the presentation. The problem is is that the lights went out... So we had to do our presentation in the dark with flashlights... haha So we walked up on stage singing llamados a servir and then me and elder francis had to just scream for anyone to hear us with our flashlights on our faces haha. I felt like i was telling a campfire story or something haha! After that Elder Fusi talked about how we´re in a spiritual battle between good and evil and then the president talked about how Elder Fusi´s tongan and explained the haka dance to the kids that it´s a dance that they would do when they got ready to fight. So we then did the haka for all the kids  to get them all psyched up to fight evil haha. it was awesome! I felt my inner tongan come out in me. hahaha!

After we did our presentation and everything the lights came back on and we left. But by that time it had rained even more and the roads were completely impassable haha! It took us a good two hours to find a way out of there. We had an aquatic bus it seemed like haha. I felt like I was on the pirates of the caribean ride in disneyland. haha!

The other big thing that happened this week was that we had a conference with equipetrol and viru viru with the pres. It really got us all psyched to work harder and be more obedient. As missionaries and as members we are always being watched and we must always be an example for everyone.

Alright I´m pretty much out of time but I love you all!

Elder Buma

No comments:

Post a Comment