Tuesday, June 30, 2015

6/22/15


Hola mis queridos hermanos y hermanas!

How did your week go? I hope amazing!

So last week we had a zone meeting right before transfers and you guys have to read the scripture we read! Haha, but you have to read it in Spanish. It`s Juan 14:27. That got us all pumped to go to La Paz!

But I ended up getting transferred. I`m an hour north of Santa Cruz in Warnes and it`s pretty sweet! Super strong Relief Society and Young Women; they greet the investigators so well. The men’s organizations aren`t super strong, but it`s ok. I`m companions with Elder Medina, he`s from El Salvador and I`m finishing up his training. He`s a really cool guy, a little quiet and he doesn`t know much about the area book or the logistics of the mission, but he`s cool. Pretty immature still though, haha. I look at him sometimes and ask myself if I was also that immature—haha, oh goodness.

We live in a small house but it`s clean and mold-free so that`s cool. I actually think it`s my favorite house yet. We`re also living with two other elders. Elder Penney from California (he`s actually from my group) and Elder Ryan from Washington (super nice, kind of a nerd, haha).

IT`S PRETTY COLD! Holy cow! On Thursday I started off the day in Cobija in warm weather and then I got to Santa Cruz four hours later and was freezing! Holy cow! It was windy and super cold! it was 14 degrees celsius I think. So the last few days have just been awesome. No sweating. I get to wear a blanket while we study and it`s just so awesome. I love the cold. The only problem is that I have NO winter clothing. When I went to Cobija, I left all my winter stuff in the assistant`s house cause I couldn`t take it to Cobija. So I`m just using borrowed jackets and stuff.

My big day was this week, but nobody knew that here! Haha, not even my comp, so it was pretty much a normal day. But I bought a plate of chicken so that was pretty festive! On Saturday (the day after his birthday)people asked me when my birthday was I told them that it was the nineteenth so they made me a cake and yesterday we had a little party. They stuffed my head in the cake, the whole nine yards, haha.

So they`re doing EFY for the first time here in Santa Cruz the third of July and Hermana Zambrano asked me to help out with about 14 other missionaries. I`m pretty excited! So even though I didn`t get to go to EFY, I can say I participated in one!

Love you guys so much! Talk to you next week!

Elder Buma


No comments:

Post a Comment