Tuesday, June 30, 2015

5/25/15

Hi everyone! So quite an interesting week i must say. Filled with adventure, bugs, and the spirit.

So first announcement. I am officiallly out of toothpaste from America! I feel like a real missionary now haha.

So we were in a service project right? I was talking the Hno. Mendez when all of a sudden I turned into Forrest Gump. SOMETHING BIT ME! (Ya know, that scene in vietnam) Anyways a stinking bee went up my pants and but me in the butt! Just like how Forrest gump got bit in the butt. The really awkward part though was that the hno. mendez took the stinger out... so that was pretty funny... and awkward... hehe.

I baptized Carmen this week... Surprise! haha. I only taught her like twice on exchanges because she doesn´t live in our area. but last thursday she asked if i could be the one to baptize her. hahahah! so that was a little interesting. So no baptisms in my area this week, but i got one in the other area. haha Take that elder alonzo! hahaha!

We got to speak in sacrament meeting this week. That´s always fun, speaking in front of a whole lot of people. We got to talk on missionary work and it was really cool. THe only problem was that we didn´t know we were the only two speakers, so my comp took up eight minutes and by that time it was like 9:25... I had to take up the rest of the time... I´ve never given a talk that long in my life! holy shnikes. But it´s ok the lord really filled my mounth in that moment.D&C 84:85. And what was really cool was that after we got several members to give us references! We´re still mostly focusing on strengthening the leadership and members in the branch so not a whole lot of investigators but i see a lot of good stuff happening in the branch. The only weird thing was that after sacrament meeting in sunday school the teacher talked about black magic... that kind of weirded out Denis who came to church but is having doubts about getting baptized... oh well.

We finally had a good branch council! we had no leaders even coming so me and my comp visited leaders and got them to visit the other leaders and everyone came! we made assignments and it was great. It´s just really hard to get activities together here cause it´s really hard to get a budget from the church because in the past they´ve had a lot of problems with leaders misusing money from the church so now it´s super hard to get any money but we´re working on that. One step at a time!

So, like all weeks, this one had a lot of ups and downs, lots of walking in the sun but the lord is truly mindful of us. Love you all! talk to you later!

Elder Buma






No comments:

Post a Comment