Tuesday, June 30, 2015

5/4/15

SHOUT OUT! MY BIG SISTER JUST HAD A SPECIAL DAY! HER BIRTHDAY! Her name is Emily Buma, born on May 2nd, 1993, and she´s been a blessing to her family and to everyone that she´s ever come in contact from that day. She´s an amazing example to me and I love ya with all my heart Emmers. April showers bring may flowers, my sista Emily is one amazing May flower.

Anyways, I should really learn to bring my umbrella with me every day. We were on our way to internet and it just started dumping! Heheh. I love Cobija.

Anyways update on investigators. Only three are progressing now and only two are gonna make it to their baptismal date. We´ve been working our behinds off to help them all but in the end you can´t force them to go to church. The two that are progressing are a teenage girl, and a guy in his twenties. They both have family who are members and so their family really helps us out bringing them to church. That family, The familia Piña, was actually partially inactive before but now having missionary experiences has helped them all come to church! Awesome! It was hard teaching them at first because they´re not super educated here. The first time was just terrible. I was explaining priesthood authority and I ain´t gonna lie I was feeling pretty prideful about my Spanish and I thought I had explained everything perfectly and powerfully but when I was done they just sat there with blank expressions and hadn´t understood anything... It was like a slap in the face that I need to learn how to connect with people and teach to their needs and their understanding. Not sure if that story made sense but the Lord gives us humbling experiences whenever we´re feeling prideful.

So I don´t have much more time but this week was probably one of the most spiritual that I´ve had on my mission. This is probably my hardest area that I´ve had because of the branch situation but I´ve come to know more and more that this is His work and not mine. I know that He loves each of his children. Never on my mission have I felt the Lord´s love for me more powerfully than I did this week. I know he lives and loves us. I´m out of time and I´m sorry I can´t really write about stories much anymore cause of internet but I´ll try harder!

I love all of you so much. Thank you for your prayers. Talk to you later.

Elder Buma







No comments:

Post a Comment