Tuesday, June 30, 2015

6/15/15

Haha, I´d just like to start of with one of my shout outs. TO ME! It´s my birthday! June 19th 1996 Stephen Robert Buma came into this world and the world has never been the same since. Haha.

I actually pretty much forgot about my birthday. I have no idea what we´re going to do for it cause I didn´t tell anyone about it and transfers are two days before my birthday so we´ll see what goes down, haha.

Transfers are this Wednesday and they decide who goes to the new mission or not so everyone´s super excited slash nervous. I doubt I´m going but we´ll see.

I forgot to write down my experiences this week so let me think a second...

Story number 1.
So we´re talking with Daniel Escovar, right? Super cool guy, super funny, little immature—basically a Latino Elder Buma, hehehe. So he´s a less active that we´re helping. We decided to talk about prophets this week and he just started talking about some interesting things…so the first interesting thing was that he believes aliens are protecting the earth from meteors! His proof was that he said, ¨Why haven´t we been hit with meteors like what happened with the dinosaurs? ALIENS!¨ We have aliens protecting the earth brothers and sisters! HAHA. Then when we were talking about the importance of prophets he started talking about how Joseph smith was the only true prophet of this dispensacion because he saw Heavenly Father and received his authority from angels. He thinks the other prophets were chosen by men... so we´re working on that now. I´ve never had this doubt before. Everyone always doubts that Joseph was a prophet but once they get that they accept all the others. Haha, still love that guy though. We´re going to have a family home evening tonight with him and we´re making TACOS! 

We have four people who all want to be baptized but they just have little problems that keeps them from getting to their goal! Becken Lima is a nine year old who wants to be baptized but his family keeps traveling so we can never finish the lessons with him! He even asked us last time, “Why haven´t I been baptized yet?” CAUSE YA DON¨T STAY IN COBIJA LONG ENOUGH FOR US TO FILL THE FONT!

Wanda Gonzalez is attending just about every week and she enjoys sacrament. But not Relief Society...

Michael is 21 years old and wants to be baptized but he has to get married to his girlfriend... who´s like ten years older than him...

Dardo is also nine years old and wants to be baptized. He lives with his grandma and goes to church with her but we can´t get in touch with the dad to ask permission to baptize him! He´s legally with his grandma so we could do it with her permission but she wants his dad´s permission too...

So the works going pretty well. Just have to dot some t´s and cross some i´s.

In English class I taught them “you´re nuts.” People went wild with that and now they call me “you´re nuts” instead of Elder Buma sometimes... it´s true but haha oh well.
Good week all around. Love ya!

Elder Buma



No comments:

Post a Comment