Tuesday, June 30, 2015

5/18/15

Hey everyone!

Ok, story number 1! On Monday we had a family home evening with a part member family and it was awesome! Super spiritual—the dad finally listened to us (this is the piƱa family by the way) and we just testified of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Great family. After the lesson the mom made sloppy joes! Super tasty. Then for a game, we played probably one of the dumbest games but everyone had a great time. We had to go around in a circle, telling the person next to us “My neighbor has died” in different ways: sad, excited, happy, etc., but if someone messed up the dialogue or laughed they lost. Then the losers had a punishment. The first loser had to yell out the front door “someone stole my pig!” then the next loser had to yell out the door, “I stole the pig!” and then the last loser had to yell out the door, I ate the pig!¨ Super weird, right? But the entire time we were just laughing our heads off and then when we left all the neighbors looked at us funny. So that´s a fun game for family home evening if you´re looking for ideas, haha.

Story number 2! So it´s humid here right and stuff? Well I don´t know how but my blanket got filled with mold and it smelled sooooooo nasty! But on the brightside the smell knocked me out cold and I slept like a baby, hehehe.

Last story. So it´s finally cold here. Apparently in Santa Cruz it´s absolutely freezing but here it´s just a little chilly. I was sooo happy cause I brought my jacket to Cobija just in case it got cold. Everyone called me crazy for bringing a jacket. It´s never cold in Cobija they said. Well they were wrong! I was so excited that I could use my jacket! But to my disappointment when I put it on it was also filled with mold! DARN IT! So I just left in a normal shirt and I was fine. Haha.

So a little piece of news. They might end up sending gringos to the new La Paz missopm! Ah! I doubt I´ll end up going there but it would be cool—literally much cooler!

Alright, I´m out of time. Love you all. See you later!

Elder Buma

No comments:

Post a Comment