Sunday, October 4, 2015

9/14/15

Ni hao! Someone told me that that means hello in Chinese. So i`m pretty much trilingual now haha.

Anyways! Transfers were this week and I got transferred suuuuuuuper far away to the other side of....... Warnes... COME ON! There are only two companionships in Warnes and we live in the same house but I still had to move all of my stuff from my old room to the other room like five steps away... super weird. Also Elder Olmos is still inWarnes too so I see him every day still. It`s kind of weird. Cool though too. I really like Warnes and I love the branch and seeing the chapel a lot more filled now so I`m really glad that I got to stay. A lot of people make fun of my pitiful transfer though haha.

My companion is Elder Ryan from Yakima, Washington. He`s such a little goober! I love him so much hahahaha!He always does turtle impressions and just funny stuff. He`s just awesome. He`s also my first real gringo companion. My trainer`s also from the states but he knew Spanish perfect. Elder Ryan... not so much. He knows a lot but he just doesn`t know how to conjugate verbs. He`s really smart though and just a nice guy. A little timid but awesome!

So on Saturday I was studying right and then in the other room i hear Elder Olmos put in his EFY music, or at least he thought it was EFY music... it was CARRIE UNDERWOOD Jesus Take the Wheel! I laughed my head off! He told me, but it says Jesus, it has to be from the Church! He doesn`t know English, he just heard Jesus...it was funny, hard to tell him that we shouldn`t listen to that though haha.

On Sunday we had such a good attendance in sacrament! Like, wow! We had left really early in the morning to bring people to church and either they didn`t answer the door or they said they couldn`t go... so we went to church a little upset, but we did what we could so we trusted the Lord. When we got to church, there was practically no one there...and all of a sudden right at the stroke of nine o clock, a herd of cattle--EVERYONE came and we almost filled the chapel! It was soooooo cool to see that. Even the people that didn`t answer their door in the morning came! I`m lovin it!

The only scary thing was that I had to give a talk during sacrament, and all those eyes looking at me. For those of you who know me, when I get nervous I am known to do dumb things... so I said a prayer, got up there and guess what! I gave one of the best talks of my life! don`t want to sound prideful or anything, but I think my words were helpful to some. 

Anyways, it`s been a great week, loving life, working suuuuuper hard! Git er done! Talk to you guys later!



Elder Buma

No comments:

Post a Comment