Thursday, October 15, 2015

10/12/15

Alright first things first. Shout out to another incredible influence in my life. This man has taken me to baseball games for years, taken me on guys trips just the two of us, motivated me, comforted me, and supported me in everything I`ve done. I would not be who I am today without him. Thank you big ol' Poppy Robert Buma for being my dad. I am incredibly blessed to have two parents that love me so much. Thank you.

So this week was awesome as usual! I got to work with Elder Concha for a day;  he`s from Chile and speaks almost perfect English. He`s going home soon so it was really cool to teach with someone who`s got all that experience.

Gabriela got baptized and confirmed! YA! My comp baptized her and it was his first baptism so that was really cool to see him do that. He was excited. it was awesome and her dad who I had never seen smile before smiled and also came to church this week! That was awesome. It was kind of funny though. It`s been super hot the past couple weeks and then all of a sudden last week it got super cold and it was super cold for her baptism. She acted like how Emily does when she get into the pool--she got into the font, squealing and everything haha.

Alright so there`s this member in the branch named Edwin. Super nice guy and he got baptized a year ago. Anyways, he recently lost his job and I know that it`s usually a bad thing when someone loses their job but he just said oh well, now I`m going to go on a mission and accompany you guys every day until then! Well that made me suuuuper happy! Win Win! I`m wondering if I should pray that some other potential missionaries lose their jobs... haha.

So yesterday was fast and testimony meeting and Sister Lopez got up to bare her testimony. She`s super nice and it`s easy to get her to laugh but she`s not one to show much other emotion. (She`s from Cochabamba and they`re a little more closed than CruzeƱos.) Anyways, she got up and talked about how the gospel has helped her through the toughest times in her life. She was sealed to a guy after they both got baptized ten years ago but about 3 years ago he had some problems, fell away, and left them. This sister has gone through a lot but I've never seen her complain or cry until yesterday when she bore her testimony and the tears just came. I have a lot of love for this sister and she`s an incredible example to me about perseverance.

Well I`m not done but it`s time to go so sorry! I hope everyone is great! Always smile and always look for opportunities to serve! you may just be an answer to a prayer!

Elder Buma

PS Go BYU!

No comments:

Post a Comment