Sunday, October 4, 2015

9/28/15

Alright, a few shout outs this week. First one goes to my Aunt Diane. She´s turning 35 ;) this week. Congrats! Second one goes to my Aunt Teri who had back surgery. Hope you are feeling better. Lastly, to my Gramps who is having a knee replacement this week. Hope you are also getting better. Love you all so much and I’m praying for you!

Alright so this week was awesome as usual. It was a little hard at first cause I was still a little sick but not sick enough to stay in the house. I´m all good now so it´s ok!

So we were in district meeting this week right and my comp is the English tutor and he decided to do an activity playing Jeopardy to learn in a more fun way. The first week with Jeopardy was awesome but this week everyone showed up to district meeting upset and they didn´t really participate. That naturally made me a little upset so I grabbed the bag of candies that we bought to be the prizes and started chucking them at the elders and yelled BE HAPPY! That got a couple laughs so it ended up ok but it would have been more fun if they were happier from the start.

So we have this family that we´re teaching that´s from Cochabamba. They like everything we teach and they´ve even seen Meet the Mormons. The interesting thing that happened with them this week is that they said that all Mormons are rich...all Mormons are super rich and that we show it in our temples and stuff and they asked me if it was a requirement to be rich in our church.... uhhhh.... no. I almost laughed cause pretty much everyone I have taught has been really poor...

In fact we´re visiting this part member family that is incredibly poor. The sister has this little clothing store that doesn´t sell like much and she was really sad yesterday... the family is the familia Parabá and I love them soooo  much. Even though they don´t have much they always give us something to eat even though it´s just a piece of chicken and plain rice. They´re soooo nice. I love humble people. The sister was pretty sad yesterday cause her shop hasn´t been doing well but she was really thankful for us coming over and she still has faith that the Lord will sustain her. Now that´s faith!

We have this other recent convert that isn´t quite as spiritual, more like hormonal. He´s 18 and girl crazy. He said that he can´t come to church anymore cause he likes one of the young women but her friend likes him so it´s a love triangle or something and he wants to avoid that... oh, immature teenagers... not really sure how exactly to retain this convert. Anyone with a degree in Teen Drama 101?

I got a great letter from my mom this week that said, “People will probably forget what you say but they won´t forget how you made them feel.” Go make someone feel great this week!

Conference is this week! It´s the most wonderful time of the year! Enjoy!

Love you all!

Elder Buma






No comments:

Post a Comment