Monday, July 18, 2016

7/4/16

Another wonderful week in paradise my friends.

Last Monday I think was the last time I´m going to play soccer on the mission. My shoes have officially given up the ghost. I left it all out on the field though. Honestly, the best soccer I´ve played in the mission. I´m talking Messi and Ronaldo status, haha!

Anyways, this week´s been great! On Thursday in district meeting the new President came to introduce himself to the zone and stayed in my district meeting for the rest of the time. It was awesome to have him there and have his comments to help the investigators. He seems like an awesome man. He´s from Sucre, Bolivia, but lives in La Paz.

This week a group of gringos from HEFY came to do some service and they attended church with us this week and they will next week too... it is weird... cool, but weird. One of the young women is apparently from our stake too. Mom, do you know the Ogden family from the Highland Ward? Apparently their daughter´s here.

It´s really cool to have them here though. On Saturday they provided a musical number for the baptism of Vilma Sangari.

Yesterday we did splits! Before they weren´t really allowed in the mission but we thought that with the new president we might be able to so we called him and he said yes! It was awesome. We broke my record for lessons this week.

On Saturday we were on our way to the church to get everything ready for the baptism, but I saw a young man washing his clothes and I had the feeling to talk to him, so we stopped and we contacted him, had a five minute lesson, and committed him to come to church, and he came yesterday! His name is Romer Cristian.

During splits yesterday, Jose Claros and I went to this one brother who´s been an investigator for like 25 years (his name is Eliseo) and I asked him how he felt about everything and he said that he wants to get baptized the 16th of July... AWESOME! I asked him what changed and he said that while his wife was reading the chapter of the Book of Mormon that I had left them (he can´t read) he felt like he needed to be baptized. That was super cool.

The work continues to go forward. Everything is happy and awesome here. Love you!

Elder Buma

PS I´m supposed to give a lesson about the family in Spanish and in English in a family home evening tonight with the gringos and some investigators... we´ll see how that goes hahahah!

No comments:

Post a Comment