Monday, July 18, 2016

7/18/16

Hello! This week´s been great!

Eliseo Arias and Herlan Tito were both baptized on Saturday! Herlán was baptized in the afternoon and Eliseo in the night. I particularly liked Eliseo’s baptism. His whole family are members but he waited like 25 years or something like that to be baptized. His grandchildren sang in his baptism and he cried. He then told us yesterday that it hurts him that he waited so long to be baptized. It was a great lesson. We´re going to see him again on Tuesday.

So the gringos already left but on Tuesday. We had a talent show and a lot of funny stuff happened. One funny thing was that a less active girl came with her boyfriend who turns out to be from California.. so we talked in English and had a lesson with him. He´s really cool... Has a super dirty mouth but besides that he´s really cool haha.

Another thing that happened in the talent show was that a Chinese family just showed up in the chapel and took pictures and videoed the entire thing. We tried contacting them but they don´t speak Spanish. They actually work with one of our investigators Ismael in petroleum…how cool! They´re not Christians and I doubt they´ll take the lessons but it was funny.

Yesterday in church the bishop called me to give my last testimony to the ward... I couldn´t believe that the moment had come. I already love this ward and the members. Couldn´t have asked for a better way to end the mission.

I still can´t believe that this is my last time that I´m going to write ¨Elder Buma¨ at the end of this letter... All I can say for now is that I´m so incredibly grateful that I decided to serve a mission and that I´m incredibly grateful for the Lord and all of you for supporting me. I know that Jesus Christ lives and loves us, I know that He will help us in our trials. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is that true church of God. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I still have much to learn but I know of these things. 

Well, back to work, Still got two more days in the field!

Love you!
Elder Buma






No comments:

Post a Comment