Monday, July 13, 2015

7/13/15

Well this was an interesting week, frustrating and good.

So I got to do EFY again! The youth from Santa Cruz did it this last week and it was way better this time too! The lights didn`t go out, I got a mike, we did the haka even better—everything just went super smooth. Also I got to see a lot of the youth from Viru Viru and Charcas that I haven`t seen in a long time. I felt the love, haha. The only problem is that EFY takes all day cause it takes forever getting home so we couldn`t proselyte.

On Tuesday I got the opportunity to baptize Jose. His mom and step dad are members but they were inactive for a while. So we rescued them and Jose got baptized. We wanted his step dad to do the baptism but Jose didn`t want him to. That kind of made us sad cause we thought that would be a good bonding experience for them but oh well.

Then on Thursday the Pope was here in Santa Cruz so we had to stay inside the house all day... so that was fun. We went hard working out in the house; totally did a whole 20 curl ups. I`m gonna have washboard abs when I get home, hahahaha!

On Saturday we had an activity in the ward and my comp and I were in charge. We played Minute to Win it games. It actually ended up super good. I was terrified that they wouldn`t like the games and that we couldn`t find all the materials that we needed, but it ended up working out super well. We were there for pretty much the entire afternoon until Mayorline`s baptism. I got to baptize her which was cool. Super smart girl. She really understands and has a testimony of the prophets and the restoration.

So with all the activities and stuff there wasn`t a whole lot of time to proselyte. Also, our main investigators stopped progressing. One got a job on Sundays, the other got back with her boyfriend who`s married to another girl and moved away, and the other just doesn`t want it anymore. So that was pretty tough. We basically have to start from scratch now in the area... I think my knuckles are gonna be bruised after so much tracting this next week! Haha!!

Overall it was a good week. There`s ups and downs like always but at the end of every day you can always look back and see the hand of the Lord somewhere.

Love you all!

Elder Buma






No comments:

Post a Comment