Saturday, January 24, 2015

1/3/15

HELLO! I`m writing on a Saturday! Totally breaking rules like a bad boy! Haha don`t worry, I`m not breaking any rules, this is my new pday, haha. Transfers were this week and I`m the new secretary of salud, I mean salad, i mean health. That took me by surprise. I`m super stoked to be working in the offices but it`s also really sad too.

First, the really cool parts about being in the office. We received all of the newbies on Tuesday and it was sooooooo fun hahahah. I`ve only been out for a bit but they totally reminded me of how I felt when I got here. The first things they asked me were, how much time do you have, how long does it take to get Spanish, what do you do to become an office missionary, and is it always this hot? Hahahaha, it wasn`t even a hot day. Poor boys got to get accustomed but they`re a great group and there`s a lot of potential in this group. Mom, remember that waiter at the Garden that said his brother was coming to this mission? Well I received him this week, super cool guy, and he got the best trainer EVER Elder Loehner. He was the assistant until this transfer.

After receiving the newbies we went to the offices did all their junk, then went to dinner at MED. OH MY GOODNESS! That was sooooo good. I ate pork ribs for goodness sake! In this mission we can`t eat strawberries, lettuce, pork, or anything else like that and in one meal I ate all of that because it`s safe in MED! We also ate at Tanta and another really really nice place. I had NO idea these places even EXISTED in Bolivia, it`s really cool. It was really funny though the President looked at me while we were eating and said, you just barely told all these missionaries that they can`t eat any pork, lettuce, or strawberries and you`re eating all of them at once! Hahahahaha, I laughed.

Another good thing about this gig is our house. It`s kind of dirty but there`s hot water in the shower! and air conditioning in one room! and a laundry machine! That`s super nice.

I also get to work a lot with the President which is cool, he`s awesome.

Now the sad stuff about this job.

I haven`t taught a lesson since Monday. Since I got here all we did was capacitar... uh... capacitate, iniciate... whatever, we helped out the newbies, and did all the work for the transfers. I haven`t slept a lot either cause we have had to get up suuuuper early like everyday to get everyone to the airport and back and stuff so that`s a bummer. Also, there`s this one elder who has to stay with us in the office cause he got really sick in Riberalta so he`s in a trio with me and Elder Sullca for now and we tried to go working yesterday but that elder coudn`t so we just sat in the house...boring.

It`s also pretty stressful in this job. Everyone in the mission has some weird fungus or something and I set up appointments with them and the doctors and the doctors never want to work with our insurance so I have to convince them to use it and how to use it. It`s stinking hard cause the old health secretary taught me how to do everything in like fifteen minutes and then had to get on a plane for Cobija. So I`m kind of stressed. If you have a minute this week if you could pray for me to learn how to do this quick that`d be appreciated.

My entire mission so far has been pretty stressful, I trained after six weeks, then I was a trainer (my son is also now training by the way THAT'S MY BOY!) and now I`m in the office. Sometimes I feel like I still need to be trained how to just be a missionary. But the Lord knows what he`s doing. It`s stressful but I`ll learn.

Oh I`m also getting fatter now cause all we do is eat here. It`s really good food though so i ain`t complaining. There`s a saying here "six months to sexy." So I`ll worry about looking good in about a year.

Oh! My companion! his name is Elder Sullca and he`s from Bolivia but he speaks almost perfect English! He`s such a little nerd and I love him soooo much! It`s kind of weird though, when we`re in the house i`m not allowed to talk to him in Spanish so he can get ready for his English exam at the end of the mission so I`m speaking a lot more English now. I also taught him how to do the rubik`s cube and he learned in like three days WOW! he`s a genius, seriously. He`s also such a good example to me. His lung stinking EXPLODED during the mission and he`s still serving! What a tough guy!

So it`s very different right now but I really like it. I`ll let you all know how it`s going. Keep me updated ya? I love you all!

Elder Buma

No comments:

Post a Comment