Monday, December 29, 2014

Happy New Year!

Merry Christmas! and a happy New año!

So christmas was quite different this year. I couldn`t really put my finger on it, it was just different for some reason. HAHA How was your christmasses! full of holiday cheer, turkey, presents and snow i hope!

Alright first off talking on skype is super weird. I spend all this time not talking to the fam and then i get the opportunity and i have no idea what to say. I even had a LIST! Of stuff i wanted to say but when i got on skype i guess i forgot how to read and I forgot to tell you people stuff! I Even had VISUALS because you could SEE ME and i FORGOT THEM! Come on elder buma! I had things like milk bags, pil fruit, achichayroo, salteña, all this stuff to show and i didn`t. I apologize, I dropped the ball on that one, next time will be better. Just know that overall the mission is great!

So interesting week like i said. It was awesome and weird.It was awesome cause I got to talk to my MOMMY! Love you! and i also love you other people i talked to too ;)
Anyways, then it was really cool for other reasons too. so here come the stories.

Story Number 1! We went to Veimar`s house and his dad`s nerve thing apparently stopped working so his face looked like it was melting! he couldn`t control his face and i was like GO TO THE HOSPITAL and he was like NO i went to an herbalist lady or some witch doctor I dont know and so he had this thing wrapped around his face with plants inside it which apparently cure that whatever he has which apparently commmon! I get hot at times that i feel like i`m melting but i don`t want to look like it! also it was kind of funny to see that thing on his face with plants in it. it just looked like a kid had stuffed grass in a rag and said that will help, it made me giggle. He`s fine though. His face is better if you`re wondering.

Story Number 2!
Catholics can be very frustrating! I feel your pain a little chel. Even if you teach them EVERYTHING, they understand you, they may even BELIEVE you and then if you ask them to come to church they`re like NOPE I`m catholic, gonna die catholic, tradition. GOSH! Don`t ya want the truth?! Anyways that is from a girl`s parents named Kenya. She`s a super strong member but her mom is FURIOUS that she is a member and only accepts us cause her daughter begged her to. So it`s not the most spiritual lessons. What did you do chel?

story number 3!
I am so grateful for my life! We have this investigator family Arrias and they`re awesome but really poor. They told us that before they were even more poor, they were literally living day to day. It got so bad that their kids started eating leaves from trees they were so hungry. When the hermana told us that story she just started bawling and I`m a big strong man but i ain`t gonna lie, i got choked up when i started talking to her about the love of christ and everything. It also reminded me of my family so i got a little more choked up (It also didn`t help that I had talked with my family one day before) so i just wanted to tell my family thanks for my amazing life and everything i have I love you so much.

I`m pretty much out of time but i just want to remind you all to always be examples of the believers. in every situation, every place, anytime, be an example! Love you all!
Elder buma

No comments:

Post a Comment