Monday, December 8, 2014

December 8, 2014

Hola personas!

sorry about last week, I know you were all crushed that you didn`t get an update on the amazing mission life of elder buma. Van a desculpar. Anyways, I`m writing this first so that i don`t forget this week.

So to catch you all up and the stuff that`s gone down. First off I learned some new words haha. So here`s the story. It was thanksgiving right and I, being the super nice missionary decided to buy some ice cream and oreos to make some milkshakes for the elders in my house so they could have an awesome thanksgiving. Well I went to the little market thing and there was only ice cream that`s called, ron con pasas. The picture on the thing looked like it was vanilla with chocolate chips or something so i was like PERFECT. Well Ron does not mean vanilla and pasas does not mean chocolate chip... Anyways, i`m getting ahead of myself. So i bring the icecream back, we put oreos in it, mix it up, and BOOM we got milkshake and started drinkin. It was a really weird taste though, just really weird and we kind of just thought that it was the bolivian ice cream wasn`t as high quality. Anyways, after downing our kind of disappointing milkshakes we went to our rooms and i heard ELDER BUMA! Elder robinson had looked at the empty ice cream thing and he informed me that i had not bought vanilla with chocolate chips, i had in fact bought RUM with raisins... I laughed. Haha so we all had rum raisin ice cream. hahaha. I told my president in my interview with him and he laughed too.

I had my first interview with the pres. It was awesome. Man whenever I talk to him I can just feel his spiritual power. He`s gonna be in the next avengers movie, i know it.

We also had a multi zone conference and guess who led that bad boy, ME! it was awesome, we felt the spirit and we talked about He is the Gift. MAN that iniciative is cool! Apparently you all have cards to pass out too so DO IT! the only problem with that initiative is that in spanish it`s el es la dadiva and no one knows what dadiva means so we have to explain that it means regalo. The people here generally aren`t super edumacated so that`s a little hard sometimes but it`s still an awesome iniciative.

So zone meetings are not my fave. Very long, just a little boring, and for the past three months instead of district meeting we`ve had zone meetings every week from 10 to 12:30 to basically retrain the entire mission. So they`re really long and not gonna lie, I`ve fallen asleep the past four times, mouth open, snoring, the whole shebang. So it goes without saying they always pick on me to do the practices at the end because i slept through the whole thing. They even had me teach the class one time so i wouln`t fall asleep. Haha ya that`s something i could probably improve on. hahahahahah

So the latino elders here are suposed to learn english right? well i dont know how but they always learn the words faggot and the n word very quickly and it`s all i can do to keep from laughing and tell them to stop saying that. I`m like Cam from modern family when he listens to kids swear. It`s fun.

We got Nine people to come to church this week and four of them have a date for the end of the month! Woo! man, it`s been a bit since my last baptism so i`m excited. We really work A LOT with less actives so sometimes we dont have a lot of time with investigators so i`m stoked. I`ll let you know how it goes.

Well i think that`s it. Hmmmm. what else, oH, i have a bug in my stomach that doesnt really hurt but i`ve gotten very bad gas to the point that my companion now sleeps with air freshener... poor guy... hahahahahahaha

Love you all. See ya soon fam.
Elder buma

No comments:

Post a Comment