Monday, December 22, 2014

12/15/14

Ok time for another glimpse of my life in Bolivia! Get ready folks!

Alright so you know how we had a butt load of investigators attend last week. Well like five of them said it was really boring so they don´t want to go back... CRAP! uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I don´t know what to tell those people. Maybe i should go all evangelical on their behinds and yell IF YOU DON¨T COME TO CHURCH YOU¨L BURN IN HELLFIRE! What do you guys think. Will that help?

We still have four people committed to baptism though! Elmer, Erika, Caterine, y Rene. Funny story Elmer´s birth name is Elder. Weird right! He thought we just all had the same name as him when we first met him so I explained what elder meant and he understood. Anyways, they´re all progressing pretty well but their baptisms are set for after the transfer so if i get moved out of viru viru i won´t get those baptisms. sad i know. but just as long as they get baptized by someone it´s ok.

So we had an activity in valle sanchez this week right. So me and elder coello went with the zone leaders there in trufi. which is basically a van. Anyways I had no idea what i was doing to get into my seat. There was only one seat left inbetween the driver and the passenger and i came in from the back so i had to climb over this seat thing to get into my seat. And you people know I´m not the most graceful butterfly so you can imagine that i was struggling pretty bad to get into my seat and so long story short i basically presented my bottom to the entire van for like a minute while i was struggling to get into my seat. One guy started filming me so guess who´s gonna be famous on YouTube?! ME! hahahahhahaha whoops. At least i broke the ice with a lot of people and gave out a lot of he is the gift cards. I think that actually was planned by our father in heaven.

Anyways we got to the activity which was meant for investigators to get to know the church and they were expecting like fifty investigators to come... they got two there... it was only a little awkward when the number of missionaries outnumbers the number of investigators. poor elders in valle sanchez. they felt sooooo bad. And to make things worse the branch president there went to the one KFC that´s in this place in the center of the city which is an hour away and very expensive and got KFC for fifty people... Well I enjoyed it. hahahaha I got KFC! Man I missed american things.

The stake president even went to that activity and at the end he offered to take me and my comp back to our area which was nice. It was really weird though. He´s actually got quite a bit of moneyand his car is nice and leather and just like a normal car in America, air conditioning and everything! It was a very cool thirty minute drive.

Alright shout out to the greatest woman in the world. MY MOM! I got your package this week and holy cow was it awesome! Cheez itz, beef jerky, Reeces! MAN it was awesome. Elder Robinson, Elder Zaldivar, and I only cried a little. It was awesome. Also pixi stix are awesome and we did the pixi stix challenge where our zone leader elder robinson got on the ground and we just started dumping them in his mouth. We got to thirty when things finally went south and he started laughing and got the weird sludge pixi spit on the floor... THANKS MOM! Oh! also the awesome turkey craft you sent me I´m using those in a family home evening tonight. YOU ROCK!

I love you all, I´m out of time. Stay classy

Elder Buma

No comments:

Post a Comment