Monday, September 15, 2014

Elder Buma still has his sense of humor!:)

Hey People!
Interesting week. So we had a jam packed week planned with appointments and stuff right. Well pretty much all of them fell through! i was tiiiiiiicked. I felt like a bad missionary. And on top of that I was going to ask this one investigator if I could use his baƱo but he didn´t come to the door so i nearly went potty in my pants! That investigator´s name is Erik and he is now my least favorite investigator.
We also had like five investigators commit to come to church and when we went to go pick them up they weren´t there! They´re awesome investigators too. We wanted to challenge them to baptism but they weren´t flipping there! I think that´s the most frustrating thing about bolivia. The people say that they´ll do something but then they don´t follow through with it.
It´s ok though. We´ve got a bapism planned for this saturday for ariel. he´s the bishops nephew and we´ve been teaching him a ton and he really really really wants to get baptized. So we´re having some success right?
We got a cold front! Oh my goodness you have no idea how happy I was when I was shivering last tuesday. It was so weird. Literally the day before the cold front I thought I was melting away and the next day I had to put on a sweater. Bolivia´s crazy like that haha. Seriously though it was probably my favorite day walking around in a sweater and not sweating. Just fantastic.
I gave a talk in church this week. HAHAHAHA it was rough. But I got a few really good laughs out of the crowd so it´s ok. Still not sure if they were laughing at my joke or at my spanish... we´re going to say that they laughed at the joke.
So we got haircuts this week. My hairstylist was totally gay and it was weird. A gay guy tried to flirt with me in spanish... Now that doesn´t happen every day haha. Anyways a typical haircut here costs like 15 boliviano which is like 2 bucks. Well I guess we went to the wrong place cause ours cost 50 boliviano! So ya sorry mom just make sure you keep money on my personal card cause I´m going to run out of money if I keep getting swindled like that haha. Donka. I mean Gracias

All in all everything´s good. Just a little frustrated and my body´s still getting used to Bolivia. Stomach hurts but I think it´s getting better. Just as long as I don´t poop my pants I´ll be ok. haha
Thanks for all the updates! Keep them a comin! Love you all!
Elder Buma

No comments:

Post a Comment