Tuesday, September 8, 2015

8/24/15


Hey everyone! I hear classes are starting again! Exciting!

Another great week in paradise!

So this week was good. The activities didn´t have a ton of people go but it was the first week with them on tuesdays and thursdays but they were a lot of fun! we played games, shared spiritual messages and helped members make friends with others. We even had Ramon and Guadalupe come! They´re progressing really well and want to get baptized but still don´t want to get married yet. Well they want to get married but their parents don´t want them to get married too much...they´re awesome though and I really believe that they´ll get married here soon.

So I got bit by a monkey this week... HAHAHAHAHA! I got bit by a monkey! hhahahahahahaha! His name is Tincho and we´re totally homies now. So me and my comp decided to go to Barrio Las Barreras this week. We didn´t know anyone there but we heard that there are a couple less actives that live there so we decided to go. It´s a ways aways but super pretty. Anyways, we got there and just started walking and we saw this monkey chained to a tree in this guys yard. I like monkeys so we decided to contact the house. The guy who lives there was drinking a beer and was chewing coca but he was super nice. You could tell that he felt awkward at first like everyone else when we contact them. We broke the ice by talking about his monkey and he let us into his yard and took a couple of pictures. We kept talking and I was actually gaining confidence with the monkey and the monkey held my hand! It was so cute! I felt awesome! But then I took my attention away from the monkey and started talking to the guy about church and stuff and it was a really good conversation when all of a sudden the monkey jumped on my shoulder! He wasn´t upset or anything, he just wanted to sit on my shoulder, but it scared me a bit so I bent down really quick and the monkey almost fell so he bit my shoulder a little bit to keep from falling. I refuse to believe that he wanted to bite me. We´re best buddies! haha.

Anyways, so after the monkey bit me I took down the guys info, his phone number and stuff and then we shook his hand and left. Super chill. But after we left I told my comp. I think we should go to the hospital, haha. So we went to Montero to get the bite cleaned and then we had to go all the way to Santa Cruz to get a rabbies shot, haha. It´s not a big bite at all and I´m totally fine. It was just funny.

This week we found some Baptists and Seventh Day Adventists to talk with. I actuallly like finding people that are pretty strong Baptist or something. They listen more intently and always have really good questions. We´ll see what happens there.

Good things are happening. The Lord is pouring blessings upon us every day. Thanks for the love. Talk to you later.

Elder Buma






No comments:

Post a Comment