Monday, March 30, 2015

Transferred to Cobija!



Hello!

First off, Shout out to Poppa Buma for turning super old this week on the third! Way to go old man!

Well transfers happened and guess where I am! Too late! I´m in Cobija! Ta da! It´s an hour and a half north of santa cruz by plane and it´s sweet! I think that i´ll only be here for two transfers though cause after that cobija goes to the la paz mission and i don´t think that the pres is planning on sending gringos there. i came here with two other guys from the office too. Elder groberg was the assistant and Elder flores was my comp and they´re both here too! It´s pretty fun. My comps name is Elder Estrada, he´s from Peru and he´s amazing! holy cow was I blessed this transfer! Super good teacher, super humble, super happy. I´m gonna like this guy.

So last week we didn´t get to work pretty much at all for the transfers and i also had to train my replacement, Elder Flemming. He´s super cool. Super tall and he lost like 60 pounds in the mission. He used to be a chunker but now he´s a fine slab of texas steak (he´s from texas) jaja! Too bad he´s in the office now and is gonna get suuuuper fat again hahahah!

So I´m a district leader now. It´s really cool but I´m really nervous too. I took my first logros yesterday which is like their key indicators to send to the zone leaders and i kept forgetting to ask them stuff so i had to keep calling back and forth between zone leaders and the companionships hahhaha! oh well. Sorry zone leaders! But we also had our first district meeting on saturday and it went super well! I got Elder Hernandez to give a lesson on christlike atributes and then we talked about investigators and then me and my comp did a practice. I hate doing practices but whatever, they´re useful I guess. I´m super nervous to be district leader but I know that I´m gonna learn a lot. I´ve learned that on the mission being district leader, zone leader, trainer, or whatever doesn´t mean that you´re better or more important, it´s just another opportunity to serve and learn more. There are a lot of incredible missionaries here and I believe that i´m district leader so that i can learn from them.

I´m actually pretty glad that i left the offices. It was super cool and the time flew by but i was ready to leave. I loved everything but I hated saying bye to the old missionaries. They were always so trunky and made me miss my mommy. miss ya mommy. But besides that it was awesome.

So our house is pretty awesome. It´s in the area that got flooded recently and the missionaries were pulled out of there (so we´re reopening the area). So missionaries haven´t been there for like two months and so mold and stuff started growing. It was quite the welcome! hahahaha! oh man we just bought a bunch of chlorine and started going ham on that place! Man it stunk! I think one of the reasons the lord sent me here is to learn how to clean gross things haha!  It´s all clean now though so it´s all good. Our toilet doesn´t work though so we have to use a bucket full of water to make it flush hahahhaa! Gosh I love this house!

I could talk a while about cobija but just know that it´s awesome. I´m stoked to be here. There´s certalinly work to get done but it´ll be awesome!

love you all!

Elder Buma

No comments:

Post a Comment