Saturday, March 21, 2015

3/21/14

aloha

what is this week but last week´s next week?

Anyways we´re gonna start this one off with a shout out to my good ol poppy. I Love ya Pop. It was father´s day this week on thursday so I was thinking of ya. The ward had a churasco which is basically a barbecue and the member who was cooking the meet was wearing quite the shirt. It said "Don´t be a Richard" (but it didn´t say Richard...) haha so we had to tell him that maybe he shouldn´t wear that shirt too much. He laughed, we laughed, it´s all taken care of. That´s a funny thing about bolivia. A lot of people wear clothing with stuff in english on it even though they don´t understand it haha. Anyways so i love ya daddy. I wish we could talk on father´s day too but we´ll save that for mommy´s day.

So i was thinking this week. Before the mission I would have probably enjoyed it if a girl just walked up to me and kissed me to say hello. Now stay with me. I´m just saying, don´t jump to any conclusions like i´m missing girls or anything. just listen. jeez. Anyways, I say that because here in bolivia their culture is that when you greet someone who you know you kiss them on the cheek. I´m just saying that before the mission I would have totally embraced that culture but now that I´m a missionary it´s just plain awkward. Like they´ll go for the kiss and then I make an awkward face and back away, they get surprised, and then i have to explain, it´s just a mess. BUT i did find a scripture in 1 corinthians 16:20. You can go ahead and look that up. I showed it to my president. He laughed and called me trunky haha.

So an elder went home this week for health issues. He´s fine, just went home for more testing. Anyways his companion was Elder Zaldívar so Elder Zaldívar was in a trio with me for two days! not sure if you people remember but me and him lived in the same house for three transfers and it was great hanging out with him again. It was a little awkward though cause my current comp and him are like worst enemies. I felt like bella or Bell from twilight, both of them fighting for my love... Not that I read those books or anything...

Anyways we found a less active member from brazil in our area! she´s really nice, really smart, really likes the church, knows it´s true, her dad was actually a branch president in brazil, but she moved to santa cruz, and kind of fell away. She´s living with a guy now and has two kids with him but doesn´t want to marry him. She´s really nice but it´s kind of an interesting situation. The guy she lives with is like goofy from disney basically. Or in other words, he´s a dummy. Super nice but dumb. And that´s how we found out why she doesn´t want to marry him... Interesting... He´s really nice though. Has a looooooot of questions about the church cause he looked it up on the internet and watched some "documentaries" on the church so he has doubts but oh well. we´ll get it cleared up. The brazilian, Pámela helps a lot. She´s really smart too. She´s a plastic surgeon. haha she also found the secret to eat a lot and be skinny. She´s had like 3 lipo suctions. hahahahahahahah! I laughed my butt off on the inside when she told us that. She told us "I hate running, but i love eating. So i just get lipo. Easy" hahahhaha! I like them.

Ariel is another guys we´re teaching. He came to our activity for father´s day and he´s really smart. He actually has a friend that´s a returned missionary so he listens well.

Not sure if i told you guys but about three weeks ago my phone fell out of my pocket in a taxi so i was without a cell phone so i couldn´t answer the calls from sick missionaries so the hermana zambrano had to help them all and some never got answered so they just did whatever. The hermana wasn´t too happy with that so she had my comp give me his phone and had that number changed so i could help the other missionaries. that really bugged my comp cause it hurt his pride a bit. he felt like the hermana thought my job was more important than his so he got a little bugged. Ni modo.

So I love mate. I was feeling a little backed up this week if you know what i mean so I drank mate this morning and HOLY COW does that stuff speed things up! The unfortunate thing was that we were outside walking the the soccer field. I got THIS CLOSE to just finding a bush. haha. But on the bright side I feel like five pounds lighter. And I swear my pants fit looser. haha

So i think that´s all I have time for this week. Transfers are this week and i think i´m going to leave the office but we´ll see. I´ll let you know next saturday or monday haha.

love ya, can´t wait to hear from you!

Elder Buma

No comments:

Post a Comment