Monday, August 17, 2015

8/3/15


Hola!

Oh my goodness, I almost forgot to do the big email! Uh well, I´m gonna try to do this fast.

So transfers were this week. I´m still in Warnes but now I´m with Elder Olmos. He´s from Cochabamba and he´s 24 years old. Super cool guy. Super smart and humble. Pretty funny too. We almost have the same amount of time in the mission which is really cool too. I was kind of tired of being with younger elders, haha.

Well Teresa, Guadalupe, and Ramon were able to attend church again this week so that´s super cool. We were actually in a lesson with them this week and they gave us milk. I think I´m turning into my good ol’ poppy cause I looooove drinking milk now. The only problem was that there were chunks in the milk! Oh my goodness so nasty. Holy cow! I´m just glad that we drank the milk after teaching them because I think I would have puked if we had taught after drinking the milk. But it´s all good now, haha!

We were able to meet this guy named Junior Hurtado the other week in the Mercado and we´ve passed by his place a couple times this week. He´s super nice but pretty shy. The first time we taught him to pray it was a little awkward and quiet but this last time yesterday when he prayed he sounded super calm and as if he were talking to a friend. I could really feel the spirit in that prayer. I think I had come to take prayer for granted and that humble, sincere prayer really reminded me of the importance of prayer and the power of prayer.

Yesterday we had a family home evening with the Lopez family and it was pretty fun until they brought out the refreshments. It was Peruvian Jello; thing made out of purple corn. I´m not sure if you guys are familiar with purple corn but it was not that good for me.

Well I got to go! Love you!
Elder Buma 






No comments:

Post a Comment