Thursday, November 13, 2014

10/27/14


Hello everybody! Just another week spreading the good news.
So anyways you guys know that I sweat a bunch right? Ya, well it´s been quite the sweaty week. It´s quite interesting haha. So we were in district meeting right and we´re in the chapel and no one is sweating... That is except for me. I was literally dripping into my eyes, clothes, everything. Everyone was asking me. Are you sick or something? Haha and then during lunch my pensionista commented while we were eating our soup that i was eating more sweat than soup cause i was sweating in it. HAHAHAHA the sad thing is that it´s true. Haha oh man enjoy feeling dry cause that is something that i took for granted.

So I was taking a shower this morning right. Anyways while I was singing T Swift at the top of my lungs all of a sudden I smell smoke. My first thought was. I know I´m smokin good lookin but I don´t smell like smoke. So I looked up and the shower head wires were on fire! I only screamed a little. I put the fire out then me and elder zaldivar spent like 20 minutes stripping wires and stuff to fix it. it looks like a piece of junk but we still have hot water! We´re pretty amazing.

I apologize that i haven´t sent a bowel movement story for a few weeks. It´s actually been pretty normal. That is until like two nights ago... I was sleeping, dreaming about my lovely life when all of a sudden in my dream i really had to go... ya know. And that made me wake up and I realized i didn´t dream that i needed to... you know. So in the middle of the night I had to BOOK it to the bathroom and it was quite the experience. I don´t think I´ve ever run faster. I didn´t get any in my pants though! The commotion woke up my companion too so when I got out we had a nice laugh and went back to bed. Everything´s good now though. 

Man Bolivia is just interesting. So we were walking to an appt. right? Then we turn a corner and there´s like four horses in the dirt road on their backs scratching their backs, kind of like what sophie does. So we had to do some ninja moves to get past them and we made it to the cita on time so no worries.

You know cock fighting? Like how it´s illegal and stuff. Well here it´s LEGALISSIMO! HAHAHA we went over to a members house and he was talking all about it forever. Man it was awesome. He also has a cock fighting chicken that he is very proud of and he let me hold it! That bad boy has had like 5 fights and it still hasn´t died!... apparently that´s really impressive. I wouldn´t know but it was awesome. That chicken could probably kill me too if it wanted.

We ran into a white guy from the US this week! He´s Bahai... Interesting religion but super nice guy. We talked in english and it was just amazing. he´s lived in south america for like forty years and just doesn´t want to leave. Wow. Bolivia´s awesome but I don´t think i´ll want to live here my entire life. Utah´s just a bit better haha. Anyways I have an intercambio with elder wade this week and he´s only been out one transfer so his spanish is pretty eh too so we´re totally gonna teach that guy. IN ENGLISH!

Speaking of english we also contacted this dude from south africa and he knows english too! And he´s gosh dang rich too. He´s got like four houses in santa cruz, two in south africa, and one in france or something. He´s such an interesting guy. He told us that he just owns a factory or something so he never does anything. He doesn´t drink, smoke, or even leave his house, he just sits in his house all day. He also told us that he just wants to learn everyhting from us. His only belief is God. A very firm belief in God, and he also reads the bible like crazy. So that´s gonna be interesting teaching him. Totally gonna teach him thursday too.

anyways, now to spiritual stuff. Beymar´s getting baptized! This saturday! Not only that but he was talking to us during a lesson and he told us. You know, lately during my prayers I´ve felt like I really want to serve a mission... My heart just soared. I´m doing my job! He is just the stinking best. He told us that from when we first started teaching him to now he´s changed a lot and he´s so much happier! That just reminded me why I´m here. To help people be happier. That was just awesome.

We´re working a lot more with members this week which is awesome cause they help with teaching soooooo much. My spanish is still a little eh and my comp still doesn´t know everything so lessons with members have just been golden.

Training is better but still interesting. My comp still thinks I know everything which is good when really I´m just learning with him. Don´t tell him that though. he´ll lose the respect he has for me. And I demand respect.

All in all everything´s good. Just sweating and trying to figure everything out. Suggestions are welcome haha. Sorry these are always so unorganized. I just write whatever´s in my head, which isn´t much, hahahaha. Loving life. Be good!
Love ya
Elder Buma

No comments:

Post a Comment